The Loyalsock Valley Elementary Parent Teacher Organization is composed of parents, legal guardians, and faculty from our school. We work hard to work collaboratively to support our students and teachers by helping to provide supplies, materials, and activities for students and faculty above and beyond those provided by the school district.
Our regularly scheduled meetings occur each month (September through May) on the first Wednesday at 6:00 PM at the school. All parents/guardians of students attending the school are members of the PTO and are encouraged to attend.
Some activities and events that we have helped sponsor include:
- grade level field trips
- contributing to the reading programs and summer reading activities
- contributing to the two school book fairs under the coordination of the elementary librarian
- providing meals, snacks, and desserts for faculty during parent/teacher conferences and teacher appreciation weeks
- funding additional classroom supplies (example: purchasing iPads and Chromebooks)
- contributing to the creation of the annual yearbook
- Trunk or Treat Night
- School Peace Patrol
- providing snacks for our students taking the annual state PSSAs
- and many more!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: DUE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC RESTRICTIONS, THE LV PTO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONDUCT THEIR MEETINGS INSIDE THE SCHOOL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. INFORMATION ABOUT DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION OF PTO MEETINGS WILL BE SENT HOME TO FAMILIES