All students must be registered with the Transportation Office
- Transportation Service Registration Forms are to be completed at the beginning of each school year.
- In the event of an address change, please complete a Primary Change of Address Form as well as a new Transportation Service Registration Form.
Transportation Service Registration Form
Primary Change of Address Form
Weather Related Delayed Openings and Early Dismissals
- During a delayed school opening all district buses will run on the delayed schedule, one or two hours later than usual, and will pick up students at the later time at all regular bus stops. All District Schools will open on the delayed time schedule, and all district schools will dismiss at the regular dismissal time.
- When an early dismissal occurs due to weather, the buses will take the students to their designated afternoon bus stop after the dismissal time. Buses will run their normal route. The bus will arrive at your stop approximately the same amount of time after the dismissal that it would arrive after a normal school dismissal.
- In isolated instances, bus drivers are authorized to utilize discretion as to whether the bus will run part or all of certain routes.
- Only students who are registered with the Transportation Office may ride the school bus during weather-related delayed openings and early dismissals.
Rules and Regulations
- All school rules and regulations extend to the school buses and vans.
- The school bus driver shall be responsible for the discipline of students while they are being transported.
- The principal may suspend a student from bus transportation for disciplinary reasons, and the parents/guardians shall be responsible for the student’s transportation.
- The use of video and audio recording equipment supports efforts to maintain discipline and to ensure the safety and security of all students, staff, contractors, and others being transported on District-owned, operated, or contracted school buses or school vehicles.
Montoursville Area School District Board Transportation Policies
- School Board Policy – Transportation 810
- School Board Policy – Transportation 810.3 Video/Audio Recording
- School Board Policy – All