Please follow the rules below to ensure safe transportation to and from school:
- Face coverings such as a mask or face shield may be required as determined by the District.
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- Look for traffic in both directions before crossing any street.
- Utilize crosswalk areas and cross with a crossing guard when able.
- Stand at least 5 feet back from the curb and wait for the bus to come to a complete stop. Allow the doors to open before approaching the bus to board.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion or if delayed on the road.
- Conduct yourself in an acceptable manner at all times; school rules and regulations extend to the school buses and vans.
- Keep the isles of the buses clear.
- DO NOT stand in the street while waiting for the bus.
- DO NOT extend arms, heads, or any other appendages out of the bus windows at any time.
- DO NOT litter or throw anything out of the bus windows.
- DO NOT use an unusually loud tone or foul language.
- DO NOT participate in fighting, pushing, tripping, hitting, or spitting.
- DO NOT bring unlawful items onto the bus.
- DO NOT damage or deface any part of the bus or interfere with the emergency doors or exits, except in the event of an emergency or emergency drill.
- DO NOT use any tobacco products, e-cigarettes, illegal substances, or bring related paraphernalia onto the bus.
Montoursville Area School District Board Transportation Policies
- School Board Policy – Transportation 810
- School Board Policy – Transportation 810.3 Video/Audio Recording