Giving kids the TIPS & TOOLS they’ll need to SUCCEED!
Listed below are the “life-skills” or “tools” your child will learn during classroom lessons conducted throughout their K-4 school experience. Because I believe in making learning fun and enjoyable, music and movement is integrated into many of my lessons. Watch for flyers explaining the many skills and “tools” your child has already / will continue to add to their “tool belt” when they visit me throughout the year!
K-ten – Social skills
- Let’s learn the school RULES!
- Let’s learn some GOOD MANNERS!
- Let’s learn the skills to being GOOD LISTENERS!
- Let’s learn how to COOPERATE and GET ALONG with others!
1st Grade – Conflict resolution (i.e. solving conflicts peacefully)
- Lets define “conflict.”
- Let’s learn Uncle Al’s Secret Formula to help us solve conflicts peacefully.
- AGREE (to solve the conflict), LISTEN (to each other’s side of the story), make a PLAN to SOLVE the conflict.
- Let’s celebrate becoming PEACEMAKERS!
2nd Grade – Coping with feelings
- Let’s define “comfortable” and “uncomfortable” feelings.
- Let’s learn to COPE in thumbs up ways with things we can’t control or change.
- Let’s learn to think positively when times are hard.
3rd Grade – Bullying
- Three qualities BULLIES possess. (i.e. Power, verbal or physical harm to others, repeated over time)
- Learning the characteristics of VICTIMS.
- Learning BULLY-BUSTER strategies.
4th Grade – Careers Awareness
- Let’s define CAREER.
- Let’s INTERVIEW someone with a career!
- Let’s learn about our own strengths, interests and talents.
- Let’s DREAM BIG about what career we might want to pursue some day.