Montoursville Area School District Foundation Distinguished Alumni Award Program
The Purpose of the Awards
- The Distinguished Alumni Awards shall recognize graduates of the Montoursville Area high school whose achievement, community service, strength of character, and citizenship serve as models to inspire and challenge today’s youth.
Conditions of Eligibility
- The Distinguished Alumni Awards shall be open each year to any alumnus or alumna who graduated from the Montoursville Area High School no less than twenty (20) years prior to that nomination year.
- Awards will be presented in three (3) categories: Career Achievement, Local Business Community Impact, Community Volunteer Service. An additional posthumous award will be presented for any of the preceding categories.
- The award should be accepted in person. If the honoree is unable to attend the recognition event, he/she will be asked to designate an individual to accept the award on their behalf.
- The Posthumous Award should be accepted by the honoree’s family or their designee.
- No current MASDF Board, MASDF staff, Selection Committee members (or their immediate families) are eligible for the award.
Click links below for applications:
Alumni Career Achievement Award Application
Alumni Business Community Impact Award Application
Community Service Award Application
Alumni Posthumous Award Application
Applications due September 1, 2021.
- Any person other than a member of the Selection Committee may submit nominations for the award.
- Submission of the nomination form, letter of support and vita or resume is expected. All submitted materials should be legible to reviewers.
- Nominations begin on the day following the most recent recognition event and continue until the announced deadline for the close of new nominations. Nominations received after the announced deadline will be considered for the next recognition event.
- All nomination information will be considered confidential by the Selection Committee.
Review and Selection Procedure
- All nomination forms will be received and processed by the Foundation Board Secretary, then forwarded to the Selection Committee Chairperson.
- Selection Committee shall receive and review all nominations and rank top nominees for each award category.
- Selection Committee then presents recommendations to the MASDF Board for final approval.
- Individuals nominated but not chosen will continue to be eligible for four (4) years following the initial nomination process without re-nomination.
Award Recipient Notification Process
- MASD Foundation Board will notify award winners via written letter. Community notification completed by newspaper announcement, School District website and Foundation Facebook page.