UPDATE: Kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year is NOW OPEN for all eligible children (children who will be five years old before September 1, 2020). Parents should complete the necessary paperwork online via the Montoursville Area School District website (see directions below).
Copies of all necessary forms and paperwork can also be emailed to Diana McElwee at email@example.com. If you require paper copies of the registration mailed to you, please call 570-368-2491 ext 6100.
What information do I need to submit to register my child for Kindergarten?
- Please submit a copy of all medical records of the child’s immunizations to the registration.
- Please provide the date of: 1. When your child had chicken pox OR 2. The date of the physician administered immunization for chicken pox.
- Pennsylvania law requires that all children entering school for the first time must be immunized with the appropriate doses against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, rubella, mumps, hepatitis B, and chicken pox or have had the chicken pox. This law was passed to protect school children from epidemics of serious and sometimes fatal diseases.
- Original Birth Certificate (a copy is required, but school staff will need to view the original)
- Proof of Residency – two types of proof: example: utility bill, sales/lease agreement, driver’s license
New this year – Complete Registration Paperwork Online is available! –
- Go to the main page of our district’s website: www.montoursville.k12.pa.us.
- Click on the “Parent” tab.
- Click on “New Student Registration”
- Click on “Click here- Online Registration Process” (this does say for 2019-2020 school year, but this is correct for student going into Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year)
- Under the red login button, click on “Online Registration” and follow the prompts
Already have children enrolled in MASD schools? Login to the Parent Portal with your login. Click on “Register a New Student” in the upper left corner of the screen and follow the prompts.
We are asking all parents to complete the Online Registration Process, however, everyone will still need to report to the school to produce the required paperwork listed above or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have additional questions, please contact Diana McElwee at email@example.com