Kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be held for all eligible children (children who will be five years old before September 1, 2020) on Thursday, April 9, 2020 between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. District central registration for Kindergarten will be held at Lyter Elementary School, 900 Spruce Street. Enter the main entrance on the Spruce Street doors and sign in.
What information do I need to bring?
- Please bring all medical records of the child’s immunizations to the registration.
- Please provide the date of: 1. When your child had chicken pox OR 2. The date of the physician administered immunization for chicken pox.
- Pennsylvania law requires that all children entering school for the first time must be immunized with the appropriate doses against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, rubella, mumps, hepatitis B, and chicken pox or have had the chicken pox. This law was passed to protect school children from epidemics of serious and sometimes fatal diseases.
- Original Birth Certificate
- Proof of residency – two types of proof: example: utility bill, sales/lease agreement, driver’s license
New this year – Complete Registration Paperwork Online is available! –
- Go to the main page of our district’s website: www.montoursville.k12.pa.us.
- Click on the “Parent” tab.
- Click on “New Student Registration”
- Click on “Click here- Online Registration Process”
- Under the red login button, click on “Online Registration” and follow the prompts
- NOTE: There will be computers available to use the day of registration at Lyter.
Already have children enrolled in MASD schools? Login to the Parent Portal with your login. Click on “Register a New Student” in the upper left corner of the screen and follow the prompts.
We are asking all parents to complete the Online Registration Process, however, everyone will still need to report to the school to produce the required paperwork listed above. If you have additional questions, please contact Diana McElwee at the district offices (570)-368-2491 ext. 6100.
If you are able to attend the Kindergarten Registration Day on April 9, please contact the number above to schedule an alternate time.